Effective date: October 24, 2018
This policy sets forth the types of personal information we collect and how we handle personal information that we collect from your visit to our website.
1. Types of Information Collected
- Traffic Data. We may automatically track and collect information when you visit our site, including your: (a) IP address; (b) domain server; (c) type of computer or device; (d) date and time; (e) type of Web browser and operating system used; (f) search histories; (g) HTTP requests and other information about your visit to, use of and navigation of the site (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data may be used for analysis purposes or for improving the site or your experience on the site.
- Personal Information. In order for you to access and use certain areas of the site and to obtain materials or information that we may offer through the site, we may require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include data such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, username, access password, phone number, birth date, position, title, affiliated school or organization, and other personal data. We may collect and retain any Personal Information that you provide to us. If you send us any email or other communication, we may retain those communications in order to respond to you, to evaluate or improve the services, or for other purposes.
- Other Information. Some sites may require the input of information or data in order to use the features or functions of the site. We may collect and retain the information and data you provide in connection with the use of the site. Details about particular sites are set forth below. Some services offered on a site may require that you agree to additional terms and conditions, and we may collect and retain information relating to this to enable and control the access to and use of these services.
- Not for Children. The areas of the site that require Personal Information are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to access or use areas of the site that require the disclosure of Personal Information. If we discover or are advised that a person who has disclosed Personal Information through the site is under the age of 13, we will delete all Personal Information provided by that person.
- Do Not Track beacons. We do not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that relate to the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities.
- Third Party Tracking. Third party service providers may have access to and collect information and data regarding your visit to the site and your use and navigation of the site. We do not authorize third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities across different websites when you use the site.
2. Uses of Information Collected
We may use information that we collect:
- to send you information or materials about our organization or to contact you when necessary;
- to send you or provide you access to information, materials and services offered through or relating to the site;
- to enable the use of the features and functions of the site;
- to authorize and monitor the access to and use of the site;
- for research, development and analysis in connection with the maintenance, protection and improvement of our services, materials and information; and
- for purposes of maintaining and improving the site, the function of the site and access to the site.
We may share anonymous Traffic Data and aggregated non-personal information with third parties.
We also use the information we collect to operate our organization, which includes analyzing our performance and the use of the site, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, improving and maintaining our sites and doing research. We may combine information we receive from different contexts in order to carry out these purposes. We may use information collected for other purposes, for example the uses set forth in the details for specific sites below.
We may share information with third party service providers in the United States and outside of the United States for these purposes, but we do not authorize such providers to use Personal Information for any other purpose or to share Personal Information with others. Third party service providers may have access to Personal Information in the course of providing services but we do not authorize such providers to use Personal Information for any other purpose or to share Personal Information with others.
3. User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information or to request deletion of your Personal Information. If so, you may be able to access and use some of the site; however, you may not be able to access and use portions of the site or features or functions that require your Personal Information. You may contact [email protected] to request removal of your Personal Information or information about the use and distribution of your Personal Information. If you have signed up for an email newsletter, texts or other periodic communications from us and wish to no longer receive such communications, contact [email protected]fe.org.
4. Confidentiality of Personal Information
We may provide Personal Information to affiliated organizations or third parties if necessary to provide you with information, materials or services you have requested, provided that such organizations, persons or entities agree to keep such information private.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your Personal Information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and NEFE cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information.
5. Other Limits to Your Privacy
This site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. We may also make forums, message boards, social media and news groups available to you or otherwise allow you to provide or post information or content. Please understand that any information or content disclosed in these areas may become public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
8. Site-Specific Details
Use of this site may require information about a school or organization with which you are affiliated, your position with the school or organization, and information necessary to use the learning and instructional tools and other activities available on the site. We may collect and use this information to enable the use of the functions and features of the site, and share this information with other authorized users on the site, such as teachers, instructors or administrators, and for other purposes set forth in this policy.
This site provides educational resources such as assessments and surveys that may be adapted and customized by individual users. The adapted and customized resources and any information and data collected or generated by the user may be stored in a database and accessed by that user. We may use this information for our internal analysis, operation of the site and other purposes set forth in this policy.
In order to set up an account or order materials through this site, you may need to provide information about your affiliated school or organization, intended use of the materials, and other contact and address information. We may collect this data and information and use it to supply you with the requested materials and services and for our internal analysis, operation of the site and other purposes set forth in this policy. We may share contact information for HSFPP instructors with third party HSFPP network representatives to allow them to track use of the HSFPP program and to allow them to contact the instructor for the purposes of facilitating implementation of the HSFPP program and providing information to the instructor regarding the HSFPP program and HSFPP training.
Use of this site may require information necessary to use the learning and instructional tools, such as quizzes and budgeting tools, and other activities available on the site. We may collect and use this information to enable the use of the functions and features of the site, for our internal analysis purposes and other purposes set forth in this policy.